Logicworks adheres to strict privacy guidelines with respect to all individuals who visit this Website, provide personal information to the company via this Website, or contacts us via the avenues on this Website. This statement details Logicworks’ methods of collection, storage, and usage of information.
- “Visitor” or “you” means any individual or entity who visits Logicworks’ Website, whether they are a customer or not.
- “Customer” means an individual who is a client of Logicworks.
- “Data Controller” means a party or entity that determines the purposes and means of processing of Personal Information. A company functions as a Data Controller when it decides how such data is to be used and uses it accordingly.
- “Data Processor” means a party or entity that processes Personal Information on behalf of a Data Controller. With respect to Personal Information, processing includes collecting, recording, organizing, storing, adapting or altering, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, blocking, erasing or destroying the information.
- “Personal Information” means any information or set of information that identifies or could be used by or on behalf of Logicworks to identify an individual. Personal Information does not include information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with nonpublic Personal Information.
- “We”, “us” or “the company” refers to Logicworks.
- “Website” means Logicworks’ Website at www.logicworks.com.
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Logicworks collects Personal Information from Visitors and Customers via interactive tools and forms located on Logicworks’ Website. Logicworks’ interactive forms and tools include, but are not limited to, LivePerson Chat, Contact Us, and Build A Solution. Logicworks does not collect, store, or use any Personal Information without an individual’s prior consent. Logicworks only collects, stores, and uses Personal Information in accordance with this policy. Personal Information that may be collected by Logicworks includes the following:
- individual names;
- company names;
- reasons for contacting Logicworks;
- information regarding Visitors, Customers, and their companies;
- addresses, phone numbers, facsimile numbers and email addresses;
- product and service preferences;
- service orders and maintenance requests;
- billing and transaction information; and
- other information relevant to conducting business with Logicworks or becoming a customer of Logicworks.
Personal Information is not collected from individuals unless they consent to provide such information to Logicworks. However, if a Visitor arrives at Logicworks’ Website via a search engine, referral tool or forum, certain Personal Information may be transmitted to Logicworks by a third party. Logicworks will use and store that information, if any is received, in accordance with this policy.
Logicworks also collects standard information from Visitors using automated tools. These automated tools collect information such as a Visitor’s browser type and language, Internet service provider, Internet protocol (IP) address, access dates and times, Web pages viewed, search information, and other similar statistics. The automated tools used by Logicworks to collect this information include, without limitation, Web beacons, cookies, embedded Web links and other commonly used information-gathering tools.
- A Web beacon is an invisible file located on a Web page that is used to track a visitor’s navigation of a Website. The Web beacon may communicate with your computer to determine, among other things, whether you have been to a page on Logicworks’ Website before or viewed a particular online advertisement.
- An embedded link is a link to a Web page that may be located in an email you receive from Logicworks. If you click on an embedded link, Logicworks may collect information about the interaction that follows, and this information could be connected to your identity. If you do not want Logicworks to collect information about the links you click, you can opt to receive text-based emails or you can choose not to click links in an email from Logicworks.
3. EXTERNAL LINKS
4. USING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect is used to provide services and products to Customers, process payments, diagnose problems with a Customer’s hosting environment, provide access to secure areas of this Website (i.e., LogicOps), personalize a Visitor’s experience on this Website, configure marketing and outreach programs, compile anonymous statistics for the purpose of improving the Website, track the number of times advertisements and emails are viewed, correspond with potential new customers (subject to their consent), and update services on a periodic basis.
As a managed hosting, networking and security services provider, Logicworks occasionally provides log monitoring services to Customers. These services involve monitoring a Customer’s data to ensure its integrity. This data is located in customer database and storage layers, and it may include Personal Information. Logicworks does not use or have control over this information, and Logicworks only stores logs that relate to its integrity but contain no Personal Information. Logicworks is not responsible for how Customers process or use data within their environments.
5. DISCLOSING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Except as otherwise provided in this privacy statement, Personal Information is for internal use and will not be communicated to a third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Logicworks may disclose Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- Logicworks may transfer a Customer’s Personal Information to unaffiliated entities who provide products and services that complement those provided by Logicworks. No Personal Information is disclosed to these entities without a Customer’s prior consent. When data is transferred to such entities, it is handled in accordance with the Onward Transfer section below.
- If Logicworks, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Logicworks will also release Personal Information when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply Logicworks’ acceptable use policy and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Logicworks, our Customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Logicworks may provide contact information to CSP providers such as Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates (AWS) and may receive messages from Logicworks or AWS marketing information related to AWS’s services, events and any special offers by email, post, or telephone. I may unsubscribe from receiving further marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in the communications received. I understand Logicworks and its affiliates such as AWS handles my information in accordance with privacy policies like AWS Privacy Notice.
If Logicworks otherwise desires to transfer information about you to third parties, you will first receive notice and the information will not be transferred without your prior consent.
6. ACCESS, INQUIRIES AND REVIEW
Logicworks will answer questions regarding the collection, storage and use of Personal Information that we collect from this Website. You may request that we correct, delete, or restrict the use of your information by contacting Logicworks in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via U.S. mail or nationally recognized courier (i.e., FedEx or UPS) at:
Attn: Privacy Department
155 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
Logicworks does not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age.
Logicworks does not collect Personal Information that reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, views or activities, that concerns health or sex life, information about social security benefits, or information on criminal or administrative proceedings and sanctions other than in the context of pending proceedings.
9. LOGICWORKS AS A DATA PROCESSOR
Logicworks acts only as a Data Processor with respect to Personal Information that is collected, stored or used by its Customers. Logicworks’ sole function is to provide the limited technical support needed to run Customers’ systems on Logicworks’ servers for the benefit of those Customers. In accordance with the provisions of Safe Harbor’s FAQ 10 – Article 17 contracts, Logicworks has entered into a contract with each one of its customers that defines its obligations with respect to Personal Information. Under the terms of each contract, Logicworks is obligated to process the data only in accordance with instructions from each Customer and to provide an appropriate level of security for the data.Thus, Logicworks is not required to apply the safe harbor principles to this information because the Data Controller in the European Union remains responsible for it vis-à-vis each respective individual in accordance with the relevant EU provisions (which may be more stringent than the equivalent Safe Harbor principles).
10. LOGICWORKS AS A DATA CONTROLLER
Where Logicworks collects Personal Information directly from individuals in the European Union, before collecting the information it will inform them about the purposes for such collection, the types of non–agent third parties to which Logicworks discloses that information, the choices and means, if any, Logicworks offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Information, and how to contact Logicworks. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal Information, or as soon thereafter as possible. In no event will Logicworks use or disclose such information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
C. ONWARD TRANSFER
Logicworks will answer questions regarding all Personal Information that we have collected. Upon request, Logicworks will grant an individual access to his or her Personal Information, or correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
Logicworks takes comprehensive measures to ensure proper handling of EU individuals’ data. These steps include employee training, periodic reviews, assessment and implementation of new (or applicable) technologies and purging of data, encryption, firewalls and restrictions on access. In addition, all personal data is located in data center facilities with enhanced security features. All data is safeguarded to established security standards. Due to the nature of the Internet, however, Logicworks cannot guarantee the security of personal data.
F. DATA INTEGRITY
We take reasonable measures to ensure that any Personal Information collected is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. Logicworks does not process Personal Information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, steps to ensure that data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
Logicworks will cooperate with European Data Protection Authorities, the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, relevant state or provincial agencies, and law enforcement and judicial authorities in investigating any privacy complaints or suspected violations of privacy laws or Logicworks’ Safe Harbor commitments, as well as in rectifying any noncompliant practices.
Logicworks is not responsible for how our Customers handle Personal Information. This policy is limited by applicable legal, regulatory, ethical, or public interest consideration, and as expressly permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. In addition, Logicworks reserves the right to disclose Personal Information reasonably related to the sale or disposition of all or part of its business.