NEW YORK, April 02, 2018 — Logicworks, a leading cloud services provider, today announced dramatic expansion of its cloud services business for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2017. Following a $135 million investment from Pamplona Capital Management, the company made significant investments in target market expansion, product development, and human capital to capture the vast market for public cloud adoption. During this same period, Logicworks’ consulting revenues grew in excess of 300%, with managed cloud business revenues growing over 30%.
“2017 was a critical year for Logicworks as we aggressively scaled the business and our platform to meet growing market demand for cloud services addressing complex cloud environments where compliance is critical,” said Ken Ziegler, CEO of Logicworks. “We believe that our industry-first focus on mapping proprietary software, ISV tools, and cloud-native services to our customers’ business requirements will allow us to continue to drive high growth and exceptional customer outcomes.”
Software-Driven Approach to Cloud Security, Migration, and Management
PCI, HIPAA, HITRUST, and SOC compliance requirements continue to drive customer demand. Logicworks’ audited software defined infrastructure (SDI) templates and automation bots help enforce compliance and security requirements and are designed to allow customers to meet cloud best practices more easily and at a lower cost than doing so in-house.
“Logicworks proven expertise and software driven-approach to architecting and optimizing cloud infrastructure is why we chose to partner with them,” said Alex Gorelick, Janus Capital’s Global Head of Digital Change. “With Logicworks’ help, we feel confident our cloud environment is cost-effectively, highly available and secure.”
Logicworks continued its commitment to offering premier services to meet the needs of customers in each stage of the cloud adoption lifecycle.
- Cloud Adoption: For companies that are new to cloud, Logicworks’ services can help customers successfully launch their cloud and create value faster from their cloud initiatives. Their unique approach to combining best-of-breed software with expert engineering services led to overwhelming success for this line of business; Logicworks Professional Services organization to triple in size in 2017 and experienced 100% YoY revenue growth.
- Cloud Optimization: Logicworks helps companies with existing cloud deployments to improve security and performance, integrate ISV solutions, and increase cost-efficiency. In 2017, Logicworks became one of only three partners in the world authorized by AWS to perform Well-Architected Assessments.
- Cloud Management: With 25 years of experience in IT managed services, Logicworks was a recognized as a Leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Managed Service Providers. The company also launched Pulse, a one-stop platform for Managed Services customers to access Logicworks’ custom automation, security, support, and cost optimization functionality.
Logicworks Team Growth and Regional Expansion
Logicworks increased total staff by over 50%, adding talent across all aspects of the business, particularly product and engineering support, to continue to deliver on its reputation for world-class 24×7 operations as an extension of its customer teams. The company expanded nationally, opening new offices in the Northeast from Philadelphia to Boston, and in the Western United States in Seattle and Denver.
Along with welcoming industry veteran and former Rackspace senior executive Jim Lewandowski to its Board of Directors, Logicworks added best-in-class executive leadership members:
- John Cerciello, Chief Revenue Officer, who joined in November, has nearly 30 years of experience as a technology executive in telecommunications and enterprise IT services. Prior to joining Logicworks, John was the EVP of Global Sales at Sungard Availability Services, and has also held positions at Comcast, AT&T Corporation, and Digital Bridge Communications.
- Alex Cohen, Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel, who joined in May, has over a decade of experience working in legal and compliance roles, including as General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for three privately held companies in the FinTech space. Alex previously worked as a transactional attorney at Weil, Gotshal & Manges and as a management consultant at McKinsey & Co.
- Dino Ewing, Chief Financial Officer, who joined in August, brings over 25 years of experience to Logicworks from professional experience as a CFO of two growth companies, an investment banker and a management consultant. Prior to Logicworks, Dino was the CFO of Reval, a treasury management SaaS Company, and Healthfirst, a managed care company.
- Chuck Price, SVP of Professional Services, who joined in April, has been involved in technology and business leadership for over 24 years. Prior to joining Logicworks, Chuck was the Global CIO for the SANS Institute, the world leader in cyber security training, and was the CEO and founder of Ajubeo, a pioneer in Cloud IaaS for Enterprise businesses.
- Matt Sharp, CISO, who joined in April, has served for more than 10 years as a strategic advisor to CISOs of Fortune 500 and established an enterprise risk and information security program for a multi-national, publicly traded product manufacturer.
Industry Accolades and Certifications
In 2017, industry leaders and analysts repeatedly recognized Logicworks as a leader in cloud services. This recognition further fueled Logicworks’ growth and contributed to greater mindshare in the cloud services market.
- Recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Managed Service Providers
- Achieved over 100 AWS Certifications with top decile Professional Certification Holders
- Achieved AWS Security Competency, re-certified for AWS Healthcare Competency
- Listed in Gartner’s Market Guide for Cloud Service Providers to Healthcare Delivery Organizations Placed in top Managed Security 100 on CRN’s 2017 MSP 500 List
- Re-certified as AWS Premier Partner and Audited MSP Partner
- Successfully re-audited for PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOC II Type II
- Achieved over 50 Microsoft Azure Certifications
Logicworks, the leader in compliant cloud solutions, provides end-to-end professional services, cloud management, and cloud security to clients in the finance, healthcare, and SaaS industries.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or (212) 625-5300.