This the final post of our series on DevOps.
Check out the other pieces in the series:
- The Importance of DevOps When Deploying with AWS
- DevOps and High Availability When Deploying with AWS
- How DevOps Can Improve Security When Deploying with AWS
- Continuous Compliance with AWS Automation
- How DevOps Can Improve Reliability When Deploying with AWS
- DevOps Automation: Financial Implication and Benefits with AWS
- Improving the End User Experience with Amazon Web Services
End user experience is a combination of several factors: the reliability, availability and performance of the infrastructure, platforms and applications that an organization offers, and the impact these have on user productivity. Amazon Web Services’ inherent offerings help improve the end user experience.
- Route53, Direct Connect and ElasticIP are services that make AWS reliability seamless for the end user.
- Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), S3 Secure Backups, DynamoDB, Relational Database Storage (RDS), Elastic Block Storage (EBS), Autoscaling and the ability to deploy in multiple global geographic regions (Availability Zones) with minimal latency are examples of some services that make AWS availability seamless for the end user.
- AWS CloudWatch monitoring services, in conjunction with time and/or load based autoscaling, High Performance Computing (HPC) using Cluster Compute help improve the performance for the end user.
- Finally, AWS DevOps service offerings, such as CloudFormation and OpsWorks, automate application deployment, which makes the availability of resources practically hidden behind the covers with minimal to no downtime for the end user.
Amazon Web Services, along with its third party partners, provide a plethora of services that improves the end user experience. When AWS solutions are designed, developed and deployed with an assurance of reliability, availability and performance, there is a direct impact on the satisfaction of the end user. In today’s increasingly competitive technology services environment, end user experience is what an organization must focus on most. A DevOps approach on AWS is a powerful weapon in the pursuit of optimal user experience.
By Mano Paul